Discussion topic: Sky Fibre Order Delay - Openreach

This message was authored by SkyQG17 This message was authored by: SkyQG17

Sky Fibre Order Delay - Openreach

My switch to SKy Fibre FTTP has been delayed due to Openreach needing over two weeks to run a cable from further down the street. Does anyone know if my exisiting broadband (with Vodafone down the old copper phone line) will continue until Sky actually start providing me with their service?

Normally you switch over on your switch date and all is ok, you may lose service for a couple of hours at most. But I don't know what happens with this delay. It was supposed to start on the 12th May but may take until 22nd May at least and obviously I don't want to be without internet connectivity for 10 days!

Do I still get my service from Vodafone or is that going to stop on my original swap date if I don't contact either Sky or Vodafone?

All Replies

This message was authored by Kevin-7248 This message was authored by: Kevin-7248

Re: Sky Fibre Order Delay - Openreach

Hi, your service will stop with Vodafone if not contacted to extend the cancellation date. If you've got sky due activated, it'll be processed as when it's activated on the new date, not the old. So you should not be charged by sky for the services not rendered before the new activation date.

If you are, you'll need to phone sky and tell them to change your activation date so it doesn't charge prematurely. 

••••¥¥¥¥•••••¥¥¥;••••••¥¥¥¥
Sky Glass 65”
Sky Fibre 500 WiFi Max
Been a sky customer through the ages from before HD boxes were a thing! When sky was a box you had to wind up to work 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion