Discussion topic: Sky Essentials

Astra370
Topic Author
This message was authored by Astra370 This message was authored by: Astra370

Re: Sky Essentials

Thanks @cookiemonsteruk and @TimmyBGood 

Found this helpful. 

So basically I need to change my broadband provider....what is the best package you chaps recommend on a budget? 

Plus can I use these BT Home boosters to get TV ? 

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Astra370 

Any openreach isp can only give the same speed depending on what it say in the link i gave you.

If you are rural you'll have to check if there are any rural broadband operators in your area . Its an expensive option as government voucher schemes only offer around £1800 off possibly over £8000

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Astra370
Topic Author

@cookiemonsteruk Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Handback
Threshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability Date Left in Jumper High Low High Low         VDSL Range A (Clean) Astra370_0-1679667693680.gif

47.3 32.4 8.1 6.1 29.9 Available Available -- VDSL Range B (Impacted) Astra370_1-1679667693693.gif

46 30 8.1 5.9 25 Available Available --
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install Process FTTP on Demand 330 50 -- Available --
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) ADSL Availability Date Left in Jumper WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 3 -- 2 to 6 Available -- ADSL Max Up to 2.5 -- 1.5 to 5 Available -- WBC Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available -- Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available --
SOADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) WBC SOADSL Availability Date Left in Jumper WBC SOADSL 2+ Up to 3 -- 2 to 6 -- -- SOADSL Max Up to 2.5 --   -- -- SOADSL Fixed Rate Up to 1 -- 1.5 to 5 -- --
Observed Speeds VDSL Max Observed Downstream Speed 32.4 Max Observed Upstream Speed 7.22 Observed Date 2022-05-17
Other Offerings Availability Date VDSL Multicast Available ADSL Multicast Available
Premise Environment Status Bridge Tap U VRI N NTE FacePlate N Last Test Date 14-03-2023
Exchange Product Restrictions Status FTTP Priority Exchange N WLR Withdrawal N SOADSL Restriction Y
Astra370
Topic Author

@cookiemonsteruk 

Not sure what all this means on the link you sent me...any idea? 

Many thanks

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Astra370 wrote:

Plus can I use these BT Home boosters to get TV ? 

BT Whole Home is a mesh WiFi system, and as such is not directly related to any form of television.

It may help with wireless speeds within the property, but cannot increase speed arriving at the address.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Astra370 

The sky essentials option is 2-6Mbps whilst superfast 40Mbps looks to be available. The price difference between essentials and superfast 40 could be a couple of pounds

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Astra370 wrote:

47.3 32.4 8.1 6.1 29.9

46 30 8.1 5.9 25

47.3Mbs would be an FTTC ('Superfast') speed.  Still not great, but twice what the best ADSL can deliver.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

@Astra370 

Certainly you'd not be able to stream any sky q apps

@TimmyBGood 

Or in this case not far of 10X the speed of adsl 

2 to 6 Available

@Astra370 

Give sky a buzz and tell them superfast 40Mbps looks to be available and ask for a price 👍

Astra370
Topic Author

@cookiemonsteruk I can never ge hold of them!!! 

It is always a robot!!! 

@Astra370 

Contact sky as below

Follow the link and choose need more help

https://www.sky.com/help/home/

If in the Republic of Ireland go to the bottom of the page and change the flag to Republic of Ireland

Follow the instructions and say no to everything and when asked the nature of your enquiry say something like subscribe to sky broadband and tell them what we've been discussing

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion