Discussion topic: Sky Broadband Packet Loss

This message was authored by Briqn This message was authored by: Briqn

Sky Broadband Packet Loss

I know I'm not the only person to have had these issues but browsing through other help articles and forum posts have not helped in the slightest.

Every single day there is connection issues with my Sky Broadband. Packet loss is becoming such an issue that I barely see the point in even trying to use my Sky Broadband for Online Gaming. If literally anyone else in the house is streaming anything wether it be via Sky Q or their own device (ie, mobile/tablet) Packet Loss will kick on and average anywhere between 1%-100%. My Games Console is using a  wired connection and consistenly suffering from Packet Loss, Issues also seem to arise from WiFi transmitting on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz frequency. Are there known issues with the Sky Hub that may be contributing to my truly awful experience? 

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Sky Broadband Packet Loss

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Briqn 

Could you post your hub stats

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/m-p/2855717#M1014...

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Briqn
Topic Author
This message was authored by Briqn This message was authored by: Briqn

SmartSelect_20231004-170208_Chrome.jpg

 thank you for your reply, I could only access my router via my mobile just now, hope this helps the image may be small I apologise.

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Briqn 

If you have a busy house then its likely you will see latency spikes because you only have a 40mbps connection which could easily be saturated by a few HD/UHD streams or downloads. You may want to look at getting a gaming focused router which will have QoS built into it. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion