Discussion topic: Sky Broadband Issues AGAIN

This message was authored by Kreem This message was authored by: Kreem

Sky Broadband Issues AGAIN

As of yesterday, my broadband dropped from its usual 30mbps to around 9mbps - I also noticed there is no dial tone on the landline too. I've tried all the usual stuff, but this is obvious an issue outside my control. Sky used to be super reliable (for me at least) but lately its just the opposite. Maybe time to jump ship..

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Sky Broadband Issues AGAIN

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kreem if you have a fault on your line changing ISPs wont sort it if they use the same line. If the connection test in the My Sky app doesnt offer to book an engineer's check call Sky to report the fault.

If you post your hub's stats somebody can probably tell you what's wrong. See Find your Sky Broadband router statistics

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Kreem
Topic Author

Hi - thanks for your reply.  Yes, I realise this now.  I've booked an BT engineer now and hopefully he can diagnose the issue (probably condensation/corrosion somewhere).  

Really wish BT would hurry up and bring fibre to my neck of the woods...

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kreem you have not "booked a BT engineer" Sky have booked an Openreach engineer to check your line. That is not splitting hairs its an important difference. While Openreach are part of the BT group they operate independently and are required by Ofcom to deal with their customers who are Communication Providers like Sky, BT Retail, Talk Talk etc equally. Openreach do not deal with end customers. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Kreem
Topic Author

@ChriseeThanks for correcting my foolish error.  Now I know it was an Openreach engineer rather than a BT engineer has really helped resolve my issue...

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion