Discussion topic: Sky Broadband Ireland - Non Fibre New Connection - Installer Confusion

This message was authored by Andrew891 This message was authored by: Andrew891

Sky Broadband Ireland - Non Fibre New Connection - Installer Confusion

Hi,

I've signed up for 100mb broadband. My original activation date was Sept 4. I received the sky Q hub and was told I need a visit from an engineer to complete the setup. The original appointment was cancelled by the engineer with no explanation and no follow up was scheduled.

I contacted sky by phone and spoke to a CSR who didn't really seem to understand the situation. She kept talking about a fibre installation, but I know that there is no fibre available where I live. The CSR couldn't give me any kind of date when this might be resolved and was really of no help.

There is an existing broadband socket in the house, which was installed by the previous owners and another broadband provider. Is it possible that my account just needs to be activated for my sky broadband to start working? I know that sky broadband is available where I live because I can see the wifi network names belonging to my neighbours.

Any advice as to how to get this escalated would be appreciated.

Thanks.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Sky Broadband Ireland - Non Fibre New Connection - Installer Confusion

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Andrew891 unfortunately escalation doesnt work for your issue as you are in Ireland. I would call again tomorrow and hopefully you will get an agent who is a bit more clued up. The service you are buying is FTTC - fibre to the cabinet - rather than FTTP - fibre to the premises - so it gets confusing sometimes.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Andrew891
Topic Author
This message was authored by Andrew891 This message was authored by: Andrew891

@Chrisee 

Thanks for your response.

I think I'll just cancel and go with another provider, the Sky support experience I had was terrible and I can't afford to wait any longer to get broadband up and running.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Andrew891 given the delay is with eircom not Sky not sure that will help but its up to you.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion