Discussion topic: SKY made an error in my cancelation date and need to resinate the connection for one week

This message was authored by Remi+C This message was authored by: Remi+C

SKY made an error in my cancelation date and need to resinate the connection for one week

I requested over the phone a cancelation on 24 June as we are moving out the country. I was told everything was fine and I would receive packing boxed to return router etc..  Then I received a text message telling me that phone and broadband will be cancelled earlier, I called back Sky on 9 June and was told that this was an error and thanks to my call this was now adjusted for all cancellation to fall on the same day: 24 June. I was alos told it was not possible to get a written email to confirm the discussion. Then phone line was cut of yesterday and the broadband was cutoff today. I called Sky today and was told 1) there was no trace of the request to cancel on 24 June, 2) no manager was available to speak and 3) it would take one week to reinstate the line. Extremely damaging mismanagement from SKY. I wish to lodge a fromal complain and a request for compensation due to the prejudice (3 indiviudal working from home). Awaiting for SKY reply and comment

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: SKY made an error in my cancelation date and need to resinate the connection for one week

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Remi+C  You can't request a formal compaint through a public forum.  Sky won't respond to your post.  You also should be aware we are all customers here.

You can raise a complaint using the correct process here https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-customer-complaints-code-of-practice/

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: SKY made an error in my cancelation date and need to resinate the connection for one week

@Remi+C 

In addition I doubt any outcome will be influenced by the fact 3 people work from home. Sky Broadband is a simple domestic service. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by skyishardwork This message was authored by: skyishardwork

I had exactly the same set of circumstances phoned for a home move in a months time for the  14 th July. Sky made an error and input 14 June as the move date and 6 hours later cut my broadband and phone . Their customer advice was to pop down  down 'curries' and purchase a dongle for £30. As I have 8 devices  at home including apple products printers and computers this was not a viable solution . It took them 7 days to switch it back on and 2 more attempts by us to reinstate the home move . As direct consequence of this error we spent £78.00 to date topping up mobile data and purchasing BT hot spot .Plus an extra 2.5 hours on the phone . Their response that it was my choice to do this and that their £30 dongle offer was thought adequate by a manager.  where do I go from here as this is less than the automation compensation paid in similar circumstances.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@skyishardwork 

If you haven't already you could submit a complaint using the link supplied by @GD1 in their post above. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion