Discussion topic: Routing stops after IP lease renewal

This message was authored by JM+Johnson This message was authored by: JM+Johnson

Routing stops after IP lease renewal

Hey all,

Often when I have a dhcp lease renewal at night (public IP from Sky) my Sky Q hub stops routing to Sky.
If left alone it will normally be fine by the morning.

When this issue ocurs my router renews the same public IP address from Sky (the address doesn't change). 
A tracert always times out at the second hop (router to Sky).
Disconnecting then reconnecting the FTTC connection (not a power cycle) resolves the routing issue.
The renewal appears to happen due to Sky's schedule... it doesn't appear to be due a line issue (line doesn't drop).

It's literally like Sky's routing has forgot that the public IP address is assigned to me.

Most people wouldn't notice if it happens to them with it normally happening between 00:00 and 01:00.

Any ideas ?
Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Routing stops after IP lease renewal

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JM+Johnson 

Can you post your hub stats

https://community.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/m-p/2855717#M1014...

And post the last 24 hours of your syslog from the routers support menu removing all traces of your public ip and reformat the time stamps

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion