Discussion topic: Ring chime stopped working - lost connection with Sky WiFi

This message was authored by AndyP57 This message was authored by: AndyP57

Ring chime stopped working - lost connection with Sky WiFi

Amazon Ring Chime stopped working. Tried deleting device and reconnecting without success. Purchased a new Ring Chime, exactly the same issue - I get to the step where I enter Sky WiFi password and it eventually halts installation with an error msg saying problem with connection. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Ring chime stopped working - lost connection with Sky WiFi

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AndyP57 if other devices are connecting its unlikely to be an issue with your Sky hub BUT rebooting the hub never hurts when you hit issues like this one. Ring devices can be difficult but if you haven't done so try separating the Wifi bands renaming the 2.4GHz SSID and connect to that which often worls see https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband-Talk/How-to-separate-WiFi-bands/ba-p/3530610

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by WayneV71 This message was authored by: WayneV71

Re: Ring chime stopped working - lost connection with Sky WiFi

I recently joined Sky. Had the same issue with my ring chime not connecting, but also had the same issue with smart plugs. 
I have now managed to get both ring chime & smart plugs connected. 🥳 

MySky app - broadband - wifi settings - advanced settings - wifi security level - change to wpa2.  When setting up in ring app type in the wifi password manually (don't copy and paste it won't work). 
hopefully that is then connected. 
I can't go back and change security to Wpa3 or wpa3-T as it stops working.  
Hope it works!? 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion