Discussion topic: Re: Just switched from EE as well as half the guaranteed speed...now incoming or outgoing calls!

This message was authored by markspencer82 This message was authored by: markspencer82

Re: Just switched from EE as well as half the guaranteed speed...now incoming or outgoing calls!

The sky person fitted a new master socket faceplate, then called someone at sky to reset something at their end and then run tests, the speed went up from 24mb to 60....the sky app was not showing it so she reset the router this end doing something and then speed checked on sky app showed the correct higher speed......BUT as soon as she left and the speed has now dropped way way down to a stupid 8.5mb!

By the way it's plugged directly into the master socket where I moved it all when she came.

So I am beyond peed off now as it's way way slower than the 23ish mb we were getting before.

God knows what's wrong now, called sky and they said I have to wait 10 days as it can dip till the line gets the right speed or something but surely it should not go to else's than 9mb 😕

Also when I turn WiFi on my phone it does not connect automatically to my sky WiFi like it should and it says...Saved/access point temporarily full.....which is wrong as nothing is connected to it and if I click it....it connects then to the WiFi 😕

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Just switched from EE as well as half the guaranteed speed...now incoming or outgoing calls!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@markspencer82  If you post your router stats the forum can take a look and see if there is a fault.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

markspencer82
Topic Author
This message was authored by markspencer82 This message was authored by: markspencer82

Router Statistics

System Up Time: 01:03:42

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collision Pkts Tx b/s Rx b/s Up Time

WAN MER 171027 288373 0 46306 426924 01:01:49

LAN Down 0 0 0 0 0 00:00:00

WLAN (2.4 GHz) Up 8438 1184 0 2000 0 01:02:08

WLAN (5 GHz) Up 295035 174564 0 1001034 68397 01:02:06

Broadband Link Downstream Upstream

Connection Speed 63759 kbps 17595 kbps

Line Attenuation D1(12.9 dB) , D2(32.6 dB) , D3(50.4 dB) U0(5.7 dB) , U1(26.4 dB) , U2(40.1 dB)

Noise Margin 6.1 dB 6.2 dB

This message was authored by Mark25810 This message was authored by: Mark25810

I posted them,

I tried to make a dozen posts in the broadband section but the vanish and get deleted ...no idea why

Oh it's mark Spencer by the way, I signed in wrong and so have this profile hahA

@Mark25810  It would be likely to do with the duplicate threads you raised, they are not needed as you have this ongoing thread.

Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Ah I did try wording it all different, because I Amy get more help in broadband section ?

@Mark25810  Yous stats show 63mb down & 17mb up

How did you do the speedtest?  Did you do them over woifi or ethernet.

@Mark25810  You raised 3 new threads which could be seen a spamming the forum.

Raising new threads just to reword it isn't the way to get your issue resolved.

Both WiFi and ethernet, same low speed. The sky app when I click broadband at bottom and run test shows 63mb but I am literally getting less than 9mb speed with all other speed checkers .

It only hit the high speeds once when engineer was here and she said it was all done so I checked on my phone myself and it hit the high speeds so thought all was good. I then noticed the speed dropped and it's stayed low. The download speed...upload speed is still high 😕

16513062850185356328352783733672.jpg

 this is the new socket 

Any ideas what could be cutting speed to 8.5mb

I don't buy what sky said on phone that speeds fluctuate till they settle as they have dropped way too low for that, even engineer said they will fluctuate by maybe 5 to 10mb

This message was authored by Eeeps This message was authored by: Eeeps

Your stats and the measurement taken by the Sky app indicate that your connection via the phone line is performing well.

The problem is probably related to WiFi athough you do mention you tested via ethernet.

What equipment did you use for the ethernet test and what speed test app did you use?

For WiFi, how far are you from the hub and are you connected using the 5GHz channels?

Well I am 2ft away from the router, closer if it's connected via ethernet.. equipment...well the router and pc or laptop of WiFi and ethernet, just WiFi various mobiles and a new tablet.

I have tried about 12 speed checkers they all say the same speed

Not sure about the 5ghz part, though I'd have thought if WiFi was the issue ethernet connection would be fine and as it supposed to be

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion