Discussion topic: Problem when trying to use xbox

This message was authored by Dean0901 This message was authored by: Dean0901

Problem when trying to use xbox

Please can someone help me. My internet box stopped working and sky sent me a new box out now when I try connecting the Ethernet with my Xbox and it keeps losing the ip address so I then unplugged to use it WiFi and when I try use the Xbox 5g it does the same. I have a WiFi booster and I can run it off that which runs off 2.4g. I have reset everything on the Xbox the WiFi I have done all on YouTube I don't know where to go next

All Replies

This message was authored by Latonyadodson This message was authored by: Latonyadodson

Re: Problem when trying to use xbox

@Dean0901BeBallPlayers wrote:

Please can someone help me. My internet box stopped working and sky sent me a new box out now when I try connecting the Ethernet with my Xbox and it keeps losing the ip address so I then unplugged to use it WiFi and when I try use the Xbox 5g it does the same. I have a WiFi booster and I can run it off that which runs off 2.4g. I have reset everything on the Xbox the WiFi I have done all on YouTube I don't know where to go next

Hello,

There are a few possible solutions that you can try to fix this issue:

Try performing a hard reset on your Xbox by holding the power button for 8 seconds, unplugging the power cord for 5 minutes, and then plugging it back in.

Try running a network test on your Xbox to check your connection status and speed. You can do this by going to Settings > Network > Network Settings > Test Network Connection.

Try setting a static IP address for your Xbox by going to Settings > Network > Network Settings > Advanced Settings and writing down the IP address, subnet mask, gateway, and DNS settings. Then, go to IP Settings > Manual and enter the same information.

Try connecting your Xbox to a different port on your router or modem, or using a different Ethernet cable or WiFi network.

Try contacting your internet service provider or Xbox support for further assistance.
I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Best regards,
Latonyadodson

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion