Discussion topic: Problem adding HP Envy printer

This message was authored by GillRichard This message was authored by: GillRichard

Problem adding HP Envy printer

I cannot install my HP Envy Printer 6020.  When I try to install wirelessly it adds a new network connection in my list of networks and then renders the Sky Router useless and I have no internet but still can't print.  I have to disconnect from the printer network and then reconnect to the Sky router.

I have tried to install with a USB cable but that doesn't work either and it would be no good anyway because I need to be connected wirelessly to use HP Instant Ink which I am paying for and can't use at present.

Please advise as I need to print for work and am at the end of my patience and have only had Sky broadband since mid October.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Problem adding HP Envy printer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@GillRichard I have wated more hours trying to get HP printers to connect than I like thry can be a real pain.. . First connect by USB and use the device to fownload an update the printers firmware thst itself sometimes means you cannthen unplug and connect. If the printer is connected to a device which is itself connected by wifi you can often get the printer to pick up the network details that way after which you can also unplug it.

The other option is to check the HP website on how to factory reset your printer which is a sledge hammer to crack a nut but should mean the printer can accept the new network detail.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Pistonhead This message was authored by: Pistonhead

You may have tried this already, but worth a shot if you haven't. I have an HP Envy and had no problems connecting to my Sky SR203 router via WPS.

On the HP Envy screen select the network icon at the bottom (3rd one along), then select the 'cog' bottom left and scroll down to the Wi-Fi Protected Setup option. Press the WPS on the Sky router for 3 seconds and it should start to flash (if you have the SR203 the button is not obvious and is on the right-hand side) and then on the HP follow the on-screen WPS prompts to connect to the network.

LG OLED65B1 • Apple TV 4K • Sky Superfast BB
This message was authored by cuke This message was authored by: cuke

Firstly I would reset the printer back to factory default, then, if using Windows, download the HP app from Windows store then use that to setup the printer.

I've found that tends to work https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_1716406-1413451-16

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion