Discussion topic: Pending Cease

This message was authored by astracrazy This message was authored by: astracrazy

Pending Cease

I am trying to move to a new provider, however I am unable to do so as they say there is a "pending cease" on my line. 

What is this and how do I resolve it?

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Pending Cease

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@astracrazy 

A ceased line is usually when a previous owners line isn't cancelled for whatever reason prior to the new owner moving. .

Try asking sky if they could install a new line for you

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
astracrazy
Topic Author
This message was authored by astracrazy This message was authored by: astracrazy

I'm trying to move from Sky not to Sky...

astracrazy
Topic Author

I am also the only one who has ever lived at the propery and always, until now, been with Sky.

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@astracrazy 

If the new isp operates thru openreach they usually notify the previous isp and take over the line so that there is minimal disruption to yourself.

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

astracrazy
Topic Author

Yeah, but as I said to begin with, they can't do anything becase they say there is a pending cease on my line.

@astracrazy 

Who is the new isp?

astracrazy
Topic Author

BT

They can't make the order for me because of this pending cease - no idea what that is.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@astracrazy 

Have you cancelled Sky Broadband prior to trying to get a new ISP?

That shouldn't be necessary for a transfer of service to a different Openreach-based service provider.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
astracrazy
Topic Author

No, I haven't cancelled or informed them. I was going to let BT handle the transfer.

astracrazy
Topic Author

The only time actually I have cancelled my broadband was back in 2020 when I was going to move house. It fell through so just restarted by products with Sky.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@astracrazy wrote:

The only time actually I have cancelled my broadband was back in 2020 when I was going to move house.

I guess it's conceivable there's still a 'marker' as a legacy of that.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
astracrazy
Topic Author

I have spoken to Sky. I now have to wait for openreach to resolve it - god knows how long that will take.

Just another F up by Sky basically. When they messed up my upgrade order and cancelled it they never cancelled it properly with Openreach so the order was still open. This is what is stopping me moving to BT.

Just another day with Sky customer service. This after them today trying to tell me I would owe them £214 early exit fee for a contract that never existed.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion