Discussion topic: Original copper wiring

This message was authored by rat1602 This message was authored by: rat1602

Original copper wiring

Sky installed the new wiring for my upgrade to sky fibre about 10 days ago. Does someone come back to remove the old copper wiring now we are up and running or is it down to me

Best Answers
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

Re: Original copper wiring

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@rat1602 

Its normally too expensive to root out all copper wire internally and externally. They'll be left until they are well oxidized

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

@rat1602 

Its normally too expensive to root out all copper wire internally and externally. They'll be left until they are well oxidized

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@rat1602 in a recent discussion in the closed Superuser forum one of the group asked Openreach as the amount of lines attached to poles in their area looked to be getting out of hand. Apparently there Openreach plan to come back and remove redundant copper cables from the poles to the homes at some point. However I doubt  they will do more than removing the external drop cable as the value of internal cable is minimal and there would be an expectation of them "making good".  

You can safely remove any extension wiring as that is yours but technically the cable from the external connection point to the master socket belongs to Openreach. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion