Discussion topic: Orange light on router

This message was authored by Scimitargtc This message was authored by: Scimitargtc

Orange light on router

I have a Yale Wi-Fi alarm and when plugged into my sky router 1 light is flashing green which I guess is traffic, the other is solid orange whereas my domestic phone port both lights flash green, I'm losing connectivity to the alarm hub regularly which would alert me remotely if there was an activation. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Re: Orange light on router

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Scimitargtc @the Ethernet indicators are acting normally the amber light indicates a connection at 100Mb/s and if its Green its Gigabit. Alarms dont need high speed connections so probably only has a 100Mb/s capable port.

There was an issue with Yale alarms which was fixed by Sky rolling back a firmware release so check if your hub is running a firmware release such as 07.00.04 rather than 07.00.05.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Which light is orange?

Scimitargtc
Topic Author
This message was authored by Scimitargtc This message was authored by: Scimitargtc

Reverse of the router where the rj45 plugs onto the socket. Left hand lamp is solid orange right is flashing green

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

@Scimitargtc @the Ethernet indicators are acting normally the amber light indicates a connection at 100Mb/s and if its Green its Gigabit. Alarms dont need high speed connections so probably only has a 100Mb/s capable port.

There was an issue with Yale alarms which was fixed by Sky rolling back a firmware release so check if your hub is running a firmware release such as 07.00.04 rather than 07.00.05.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion