Discussion topic: Orange internet light

This message was authored by Teejay1 This message was authored by: Teejay1

Orange internet light

Hello All, Sorry about the long post, trying to be thorough. Sky Hub SR203 latest firmware; FTTP 140Mb; working since installation. Current state A solid orange internet light on the Sky hub. ONT shows green on power, PON and PORT 1 and has been all along. Background: Been connected with 4 green lights since installation about 3-4 weeks ago. Noticed an alert on my phone that my Samsung smart hub had disconnected overnight at around 0300-0400 on 8/12/22. I believe this led to an orange voice light (phone has never been connected but always had a green voice light). At this point I believe the internet connection was OK. Never like to have an amber light so around 0930 on 8/12/22 I rebooted the Sky hub to see if I could get all green again, from that point to today 12/12/22 I've had a solid orange internet light. Hindsight dictates it wasn't broken so I should have left it alone but it may have happened anyway 😉 I tried, switch off and on again, reset hold for 10 sec, reset hold for over 30secs, reset via webpage to factory default. Nothing resolved. Called Sky, next day Openreach visited and I was told that the fibre connection was at 16. Not sure what that means but apparently it's a good signal. Called Sky, was told that a IPV6 session was locked and it needed to be resolved locally by turning off the hub for 60 mins, presumably the lease time. It wpowered off 120mins. Issue still the same after power restored, orange internet light. Apparently the network guy could not kill or release the session and it needed to be done locally so a longer power off was suggested!. Powered off both the ONT and hub for over 12 hours, when powered on again it made no difference. New hub sent out, plugged it in and still no difference. Orange internet light. Been told it's in the hands of Openreach network eng. so I'm waiting for a call from the Openreach network team as nothing Sky can do but hand it over, so I was told. I know there are lots of posts of orange internet lights over the years and I've read lots of them but of those I've read nothing seems to be useful in this instance. Anyone had this before is there anything I can do more ? I've included some images but not sure they help. Thomas

All Replies

Teejay1
Topic Author
This message was authored by Teejay1 This message was authored by: Teejay1

Re: Orange internet light

Can someone delete this badly formatted post please I will repost. 

thanks

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion