Discussion topic: Openreach not confirming appointment/visit

This message was authored by Devesh This message was authored by: Devesh

Openreach not confirming appointment/visit

I ordered a new sky broadband more than a month in advance and got the router. Sky engineer was suppoed to visit me first on 21st May

then on 24th May

then on 6th June

and ofcourse, no one has showed up.

I am asked to wait for 3 days to get an update, then given another date of after 2 weeks, only to know that Openreach had some system error so they couldnt allocate any engineer even after two weeks. And the cycle continues.

I just want to know if openreach will send any engineer ever and what can Sky do to sprt this out? I feel i am in a total dark phase where I dont know whats going on and if this can ever be resolved thereby helping me to get a broadband connection in place.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Openreach not confirming appointment/visit

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Devesh you are not the first person having this issue and unfortunately you wont be the last. Openreach are very bad at keeping their customer Sky informed which means they cant tell you much. Hopefully Sky have marked your order for special attention. However to check I am escalating your post to the Sky team who support the forum who should be in touch soon to offer you a private chat session to check your order is being handled correctly. Keep an eye onnthe forum as if you miss the message just click the chat icon which will be added to the forum pages for you to use saving a long phone call.

I had a similar saga myself when I had my line upgraded to fibre a year or so back, the only good point was when it was finally sorted out the compensation covered the first 6 months bills.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

We are still looking to help you @Devesh . If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

Devesh
Topic Author
This message was authored by Devesh This message was authored by: Devesh

Hi Team,

Thankyou for considering my escalation request.

I contacted the sky customer support who have informed me that they will have further updates for me on Tuesday-11th and then they will let me know the new rescheduled date. However, i would appreciate if this time, my rescheduled date and case could be handled with priority as it taking a toll on my mobile internet bill.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion