Discussion topic: Open reach install and sky process

This message was authored by NL7 This message was authored by: NL7

Open reach install and sky process

Good morning,

I am waiting to have Sky installed but need Open Reach to install the fibre line first. 

someone from open reach has visited my property and marked out on my drive where the fibre will be laid. This end of this line is at the porch. 

Am I correct in understanding that this will not the the final point the ONT is installed, and that the sky engineer will be able to cable around the front of my property, around 5 meters cable run, to where I believe the ONT should be placed internally? 

basically what I am asking is that where open reach have chosen to point the access point, has no real relevance to the final installation. 

thanks 

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Open reach install and sky process

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@NL7 

The external passive enclosure box (CSP) is typically placed on an external wall closest to the point where the optical cable enters the boundaries of the plot on which the property stands.

From there a standard installation allows between 10 and 20 metres of fibre pigtail around the outside and inside the building to the ONT location, which needs to be adjacent to (or at least in reach of) a power socket.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
NL7
Topic Author
This message was authored by NL7 This message was authored by: NL7

Re: Open reach install and sky process

@TimmyBGood 

Thanks for confirming, I thought this was the case, but was unsure and concerned that my router was going to be in my porch. 

appreciate the quick reply. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion