Discussion topic: Open reach didn’t turn up?

This message was authored by Rockyv1 This message was authored by: Rockyv1

Open reach didn’t turn up?

Had them booked in yesterday to upgrade to Fibre. Had a message at 4.40 that they were working on it but may be at the box. Nobody turned up at my house and when checked later it said they were unable to complete - contact the provider. I am pretty sure that they just didn't bother. What are my next steps as tried calling Sky this morning but could not get through? Will Sky spot that I am not set up? Worried they will switch off my existing broadband

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Open reach didn’t turn up?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rockyv1 

Were you upgrading from sky essentials to superfast or superfast to ultrafast?

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

@Rockyv1 wrote:

Had them booked in yesterday to upgrade to Fibre. Had a message at 4.40 that they were working on it but may be at the box. Nobody turned up at my house and when checked later it said they were unable to complete - contact the provider. I am pretty sure that they just didn't bother. What are my next steps as tried calling Sky this morning but could not get through? Will Sky spot that I am not set up? Worried they will switch off my existing broadband

• You need to persevere with Sky Support, this should help - When you call you will be asked if the call is to do with mobile say "No"
    You will then be asked the nature of the call say " Technical "
    You will be offered a text to the number you are calling on, say "Yes" and a text will be sent DO NOT hang up when it says to do so.
    It will then ask "do you wish to hang up" say " No" you will then be put in the queue for an advisor.
  • Best times are early morning and late evening, but do it sooner rather than wait for them to act.
Passing on the tips I have learned in over 24 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

Rockyv1
Topic Author

To Superfast from normal broadband

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rockyv1 

You will need to call sky on 150 from your sky  landline or
zero three three three seven five nine one zero one eight from any other phone to make enquiries and get an update.  Your existing service should not otherwise be disconnected until the new one is installed

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Rockyv1
Topic Author

Thanks all - managed to get through. Apparently open reach called me and rang the bell - I was in all day. They have photo evidence apparently but it's not been uploaded to the system which tells me all I need to know. A dedicated Sky team will be in touch with me shortly to rebook but got confirmation that my existing broadband will not be turned off

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion