Discussion topic: ONT/Routing/Activation Issue

This message was authored by ColonelPanic This message was authored by: ColonelPanic

ONT/Routing/Activation Issue

Hi,

Is there a way to escalate up the Openreach priority list?

We've had 4 engineers out since first subscribing, each of them did the following:
1st engineer - fitted the ONT inside the house, refused to go up the telegraph pole because she didn't have the correct safety equipment.

2nd engineer (the next day) - came to complete the fibre run to the pole, using two vehicle mounted cherry pickers. - This was the original 'Go Live' date given from Sky.

At this point, the ONT was powered up, no LOS light, but the PON light was flashing green

3rd engineer (four weeks later) - came to double check the fibre run, confirmed that they'd be back, and we'd be 'escalated'.

4th engineer (2 weeks after that) - came to the house to double check the above - phoned somebody to register the ONT equipment, we overheard on the phone that it had not been activated, and there was (to quote) a "mis-route". The person on the phone to the openreach engineer gave instructions as to where something needed plugging in. Engineer said that he'd be back first thing Monday morning to complete the works, and get us running (he didn't).

Had to phone sky customer services repeatedly to get any updates, and then within 48 hours of doing that, an engineer usually turns up. Broadband is still showing as "waiting for activation" in MySky - not had any follow up information, despite customer services saying that they would keep me in the loop.

I made the mistake of setting up our Sky Stream box with a hotspot because I got bored, and now we're being charged for an unusable service (it will not stream from our mobile hotspot). So I'm being charged for something I cannot use.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: ONT/Routing/Activation Issue

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ColonelPanic unfortunately there is no known way to get Openreach to complete an install. I had a similar issues when I had my line installed last year. The only good thing is that due to the compensation for the delays I have had 6 months free service once the line was in see Customer Auto-Compensation | Sky Help | Sky.com

Sky like all ISPs are effectively powerless and have to communicate with Openreach through a standard interface. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion