Discussion topic: ONT PON light is red - no internet access and can't get any support!

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Re: ONT PON light is red - no internet access and can't get any support!

Posted by a Sky employee

We are still looking to help you @lhudspith98 . If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by delmel9 This message was authored by: delmel9

Hi,

Similar challenge..
Our full fibre broadband has gone down. We can't use the internet at all. And we work from home with it.

We have a red light on the ONT box (an openreach box - the PON light). Have tried powering off and on again and gone through all the online support guides, but nothing works to fix it. We're desperate to get this back up and running.

Please could someone from tech support get an engineer booked to resolve this as soon as possible. Thanks.

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

@delmel9 This is a cust - cust support forum and you are not talking to anyone at sky.

There can be many reasons for the ONT PON light to be red, but basically no signal down the fibre so no internet connection. If it does not return to operation then you will need to contact sky by phone to report the fault, or log into your mysky account on a mobile device, if you run the connection test and it diagnoses an error then it may have the option to book an engineer.

It may also just be an OR maintenace issue or possibly something more severe.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@delmel9 I have escalated your post to the Sky team who support the forum who should be in touch soon to offer you a private chat session to get this sorted. Keep an eye on the forum as if you miss the message just click the chat icon which will be added to the forum pages for you to use.saving a long phone call.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @delmel9  an invite to chat.

This message was authored by Matt1231 This message was authored by: Matt1231

Hi, we've got the same issue mentioned here. Red PON light. Is anyone able to escalate so we can get in touch with an employee? Any help much appreciated. Thanks 

This message was authored by Simonrgood This message was authored by: Simonrgood

Hi,

Having the exact same issue, and cannot get in contact with anyone from Sky.

This message was authored by Tomo1996 This message was authored by: Tomo1996

I am having the same problem as the rest of the people in this post (solid red POS light, no internet access) please "escalate the issue and put me in a private chat" and consider posting a solution as a pose to dealing with this person person. Or at least explain it's an engineer fault and nothing can be done bar contact maintenance.

This message was authored by Mel2200 This message was authored by: Mel2200

I am experiencing the same issue.  An engineer came to connect my broadband today and it seems they had great difficulty. Sky have said I'm all connected but the PON light is solid red. Please can you escalate this so someone gets in touch and provides a solution.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion