Discussion topic: ONT PON light is red - no internet access and can't get any support!

This message was authored by Jmoores This message was authored by: Jmoores

ONT PON light is red - no internet access and can't get any support!

Hi,

Our full fibre broadband has gone down. We can't make calls or use the internet at all. We've gone round in circles with the Sky help online. Tried calling the numbers we've found online to get some tech help, but as we can't call from our landline, the call gets rejected, saying we don't have an account registered with that mobile number.

We have a red light on the ONT box (the PON light). Have tried powering off and on again and gone through all the online support guides, but nothing works to fix it. We're desperate to get this back up and running. Please could someone from tech support get an engineer booked to resolve this ASAP?

Thanks.

All Replies

Jmoores
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jmoores This message was authored by: Jmoores

Re: ONT PON light is red - no internet access and can't get any support!

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-07 at 11.32.29_8e1dcd9f.jpg

The 'Alarm' light is flashing and the 'PON' light is a steady red.

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Jmoores 

I have escalated your post to Sky. Look out for a message on the forum

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Jmoores an invite to chat.

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Update:

Spoke with @Jmoores and issue already resolved via contact centre. 

Thanks again for the escalation have a great afternoon 🙂

This message was authored by StevieHay This message was authored by: StevieHay

I've just had Sky Fibre installed by OpenReach just over an hour ago and already got the exact same issue. Power cycling the OpenReach box and the router does not change anything, keeps coming back with the red PON light. 
I'm working from home and need a reliable fast internet connection. 
Whatever you did to resolve the issue, please could you do the same for me?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide

Steve

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: ONT PON light is red - no internet access and can't get any support!vecescalated

@StevieHay I have escalated your post to the team who support the forum. They should be in touch inviting you onto a private chat through the forum where a chat icon will be added although you may have to refreshtge page before it appears. 

Sounds like the fibre weld tge engineer made is not good so someone will havecto come out to remake tge connection.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to chat.

This message was authored by RAH95 This message was authored by: RAH95

Having the exact same problem. Engineer here within the last two hours to fit the ONT and connect up the new broadband. Internet working for all of about 10mins before dropping and now we cannot work. 

ONT light is solid red. Any help with this please? Thanks.

@RAH95 sounds like a dodgy fibre weld in the CSP box and Openreach or whoever needs to redo the weld.

I have escalated your post to the team who support the forum who will invite you into a chat session shortly A chat icon will be addedcto the pagescin the forum for you to use

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this session now due to no further response within 48 hours. If you still need help, please let us know so we can re-escalate this for you. Thanks

This message was authored by lhudspith98 This message was authored by: lhudspith98

I’ve just had sky fibre fitted on Friday and the PON light is on red and I also have 0 internet access 

This message was authored by lhudspith98 This message was authored by: lhudspith98

Can somebody help I have the same problem 

@lhudspith98 unfortunately a few new fibre installs do fail where the fibre weld was not perfect. Ihave escalated your post I can see that your post to the Sky team who support the forum who should be in touch soon to offer you a private chat session to get this sorted. Keep an eye on the forum as if you miss the message just click the chat icon which will be added to the forum pages for you to use.saving a long phone call.

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to @lhudspith98.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion