Discussion topic: Not receiving Internet speed promised

This message was authored by ChrisRog63 This message was authored by: ChrisRog63

Not receiving Internet speed promised

Hello, I have never got the download speed promises in my contract. I have always only been getting on average 7.5mb even when connected with an ethernet cable. I therefore have been shopping around and it shows there is full fibre available at my address but when I check on my account with yourselves it shows I'm on the fastest I can be. This is a load of rubbish and I want someone to check what is going on. I am not getting what I paid for and as a lotal sky customer for 23 years I would hate to have to cancel because you are not providing the correct speed or offering me the option to go on full fibre to sort the issue. Kind regards, Christine

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Not receiving Internet speed promised

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ChrisRog63 

Could you post your router statistics

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/m-p/2855717#M1014...

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
ChrisRog63
Topic Author
This message was authored by ChrisRog63 This message was authored by: ChrisRog63

Router Statistics
System Up Time: 215:54:58

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collision Pkts Tx b/s Rx b/s Up Time WAN PPPoA 53390261 82191422 0 663646 984902 215:53:06 LAN Up 2845804 270060 0 40806 3652 215:54:58 WLAN (2.4 GHz) Up 7592099 4516371 2 20989 2440 215:52:37 WLAN (5 GHz) Up 101485870 65551290 0 0 0 215:52:30

Broadband Link Downstream Upstream Connection Speed (Kbps) 9634 797 Line Attenuation (dB) 34.5 21.6 Noise Margin (dB) 6.4 8.7
Poll Interval:
Seconds (at least 3s): 
ChrisRog63
Topic Author

Broadband Link Downstream       Upstream

Connection Speed (Kbps)              9634      797

Line Attenuation (dB)      34.5       21.6

Noise Margin (dB)            6.4         8.7

Poll Interval:

Seconds (at least 3s):

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@ChrisRog63 

It would be helpful to see the top half of the stats as well

Also if you enter your full address in the wholesale link below and post the table and notes after removing your address from the image

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

This will let us know exactly what speed you should be getting and what is available

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@ChrisRog63 wrote:

Broadband Link Downstream       Upstream

Connection Speed (Kbps)              9634      797

That's clearly an ADSL connection at a considerable distance from the telephone exchange, so would now be in the bottom percentile of UK broadband.

The link which @cookiemonsteruk provided will indicate if the national FTTP rollout has reached your area: it won't however show Virgin Media or altnet full fibre ISP availability.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion