Discussion topic: No internet or phoneline

This message was authored by Juliemajid This message was authored by: Juliemajid

No internet or phoneline

No Internet or landline for 9 days today, the BT box was damaged by drunk driver and it took openreach a week to come out and repair it.  Everyone got their service back but mine and my nieces (who is with BT) and lives 600 yards away went back off after a few hours. I called sky and am waiting for an engineer,  if it is openreach it could be a while as they are going on strike again. I hope I am not expected to pay full amount for my broadband and landline this month. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: No internet or phoneline

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JuliemajidYou will have to pay as normal, but you will have to contact Sky if they do not automatically put a credit on your account for the loss of service for the period you are offline.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Juliemajid 

You will pay your subscription as normal but have to look at this link re auto compensation for when there is a total loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk. https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full working days from when you first report the fault to Sky, you will become eligible for it once the fault has been fixed. It will come in the form of a credit appearing on your account.

So depending on when you reported the first issue (cabinet damage) you should be eligible and same for this outage. I'm not sure that the strike days that some Openreach staff are taking part in will class as a working day though. They are taking industrial action tomorrow. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Juliemajid wrote:

I called sky and am waiting for an engineer,  if it is openreach it could be a while as they are going on strike again.

Monday 24th October is the last currently announced strike date.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion