Discussion topic: No internet - internet/voice lights off; power/wifi lights on

This message was authored by MichaelPDR This message was authored by: MichaelPDR

No internet - internet/voice lights off; power/wifi lights on

I have a Sky Broadband hub where the Power/Wi-Fi lights are solid green, there is no Voice light and the Internet light either goes off for a long time or flashes amber briefly. I've got an Openreach engineer booked for this Tuesday and ran every test/done every troubleshooting suggestion but to no avail.

This issue has now happened twice in the last 2 months and I was wondering if anyone has experienced the same situation and if so, can confirm what was done to fix the problem, who fixed the problem and how long it took to fix? Can Openreach be contacted directly? Looked on their website and I couldn't see anything!

Thanks in advance.

Michael

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: No internet - internet/voice lights off; power/wifi lights on

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MichaelPDR wrote:

Can Openreach be contacted directly? Looked on their website and I couldn't see anything!

@MichaelPDR 

You can't contact Openreach direct. You can only report it through your isp (Sky) which you've done. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
MichaelPDR
Topic Author
This message was authored by MichaelPDR This message was authored by: MichaelPDR

Thanks @Daniel0210. Is there anything else I can do in the meantime? I was told last night by Sky that Openreach engineers don't work weekends?

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@MichaelPDR you are buying a domestic connection from Sky. Openreach do not work on domestic faults at weekends in line with the SLA so what you are being told is correct and there is nothing more you can do. Business lines can be bought with better SLAs but cost a lot more. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Kpu01 This message was authored by: Kpu01

I upgraded to super fast fibre on Monday and have been having the same issue all week. Got up today to no talk and not internet.  It's been a recurring issue all week. 

MichaelPDR
Topic Author

Thanks @Chrisee. That is a bit frustrating particularly when a Sky engineer was only out recently to replace the pre filtered socket!

MichaelPDR
Topic Author

Thanks @Kpu01. Since I changed to a "better" product, I've had a few issues and I recently got a right to exit e-mail. So if this issue doesn't get fixed, I will be switching providers.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@MichaelPDR agreed it is frustrating but sorry its part of life these days. Copper phone lines occasionally fail given that the network can be decades old and was never designed for data transfer it is a wonder it works as well as it normally does.

Openreach are switching to full fibre and plan to decommission their copper system but replacing many tens of millions of lines takes time and is costing billions. Fibre is far more reliable but again is not immune from issues like storms bringing down lines or constuction work breaking links. It is always sensible to have a fall back at least most of us can use mobile data.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion