Discussion topic: No internet for the last few days

This message was authored by mrec This message was authored by: mrec

No internet for the last few days

My internet randomly went off about 2 days ago. I'm using the sky q broadband box. The power light and Wi-Fi light are both on but the internet light is completely out (doesn't flash orange or anything).

Sky's website says there's no problems in my area but when I type my landline number in or run a broadband test through their website, it says there is an issue. 

Spoke to Sky help on twitter who said they weren't sure if it's being fixed and have no updates to provide me. 

Troubleshooting on their website just sends me in circles. This definitely isn't a fault on my end. 

Is there a way to contact someone at sky via chat or something? I can't seem to get through to an actual human being. I just want to know if A) Is his is being fixed? (it seems to have been logged by someone else so it's not just me but I don't know who) and B) Any sort of ETA as to when this might be fixed. 

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated 🙂

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: No internet for the last few days

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@mrec 

You should call Sky (if you can) so you will be eligible for auto compensation. See this link re auto compensation for when there is a total loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk. https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full working days from when you first report the fault to Sky, you will become eligible for it once it’s fixed.

The Communication Workers Union which includes Openreach are taking industrial action yesterday and today so any repair will be delayed. I'm not sure that the days of industrial action will count for the auto compensation. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
mrec
Topic Author
This message was authored by mrec This message was authored by: mrec

Re: No internet for the last few days

Yeah I did hear something about compensation from someone else. The reason I was seeing if there was a chat function or something similar is because every time I ring them, I end up on hold for what seems an eternity and always end up having to hang up to go back to work or sort the kids etc. I know they used to have a chat function where you could reply as and when they message you which makes life easier for me 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion