Discussion topic: No connection Issue

This message was authored by Emrahcakar This message was authored by: Emrahcakar

No connection Issue

My connection start date is 17-June. The delivery package did not include any plugin microfilter device, therefore I bought a new plugin micro filter so that the cable can fit into. 

IMG_1644.jpeg

 However, I don't have any connection for now. The light status of modem is as follows:

IMG_1646.jpeg

 The properties of my flat is summarized below. I don't have any connection so far, although my subscription started on 17-June. I am quite unsure who to contact. I would be grateful if somebody advises on this. 

IMG_1648.png

IMG_1647.png

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: No connection Issue

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Emrahcakar 

As I suggested in your previous post, I don't think that's a master socket.  If it's an internal extension with a filtered master elsewhere it's not going to work, and it's also quite possible that the socket is not connected to the external phone network at all.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Emrahcakar
Topic Author
This message was authored by Emrahcakar This message was authored by: Emrahcakar

thank you. 
then, is there any way to report this problem to Sky? I couldn't find any place where I can tell my problem. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Emrahcakar 

You'll need to phone and then stay on the line to get through to a human.

I can also try escalating your post here.

You'll be asked to locate a master socket, so will need to explain the setup there, including that being a third party wall plate and not an Openreach back box.

Given the plate and the floor, is this a new build, a refurb or a subdivided property?

Emrahcakar
Topic Author

Thank you @TimmyBGood   

It is not a new apartment. I presume there are plenty of skynet user in here. 

@Emrahcakar 

The main issue is the unit in your picture is not the faceplate one would expect to see for FTTC on a national network: it could be an internal extension or even a local shared distribution with no external connection.

In the UK you'd typically expect an Openreach backbox and faceplate as below.

1000001823.jpg

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Emrahcakar an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion