Discussion topic: No Internet connection in ethernet cables

This message was authored by Doco1 This message was authored by: Doco1

No Internet connection in ethernet cables

I'm new to Sky today, I have a Sky Hub router which is connected to the fibre wall box via Port 4 as per the instructions.

I have three of my Cat 6 ethernet cables servicing TV's and a Gigabit switch for cameras etc that worked perfectly with Vodafone until the switch over.

I have everything in the Sky hub correctly but I am not getting any juice at the TV's or Gigabit switch. There is lights flashing on the back of the Sky hub where the ethernet cables are so it's obvious the hub is recognising them.

So I basically I need to get supply out to my ethernet cables, I know it's not a damaged cable as I'm having the same trouble with all three.

Anybody any ideas? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: No Internet connection in ethernet cables

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Doco1 first point check your ethernet switch is inependently powered and working. Sky hubs unlike a few other routers does not provide power over ethernet so the seitch needs its own piwer supply. Secondly check what type of switch you have, the hub should work with simple unmanaged switches but if your switch is the more compkex type which is managed you may have to change its configuration to work with your new router.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Doco1
Topic Author
This message was authored by Doco1 This message was authored by: Doco1

Re: No Internet connection in ethernet cables

It's not the ethernet switch that is the problem.

Fom my modem I have three outgoing ethernet cables, one to my TV, another to my Sky Stream and the third to my switch. All three devices aren't getting connection by ethernet which leads it to an issue with the modem?

It can't be the Cat6 cables as all three were working perfectly previously 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion