Discussion topic: New router for faster speed

This message was authored by Arriane This message was authored by: Arriane

New router for faster speed

I'm getting a new router do I just plug it in

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: New router for faster speed

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Arriane  Are you changing your service or is this a like for like change of router?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Arriane
Topic Author

It's an upgrade from essential speed to super fast speed 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Arriane  Is there any activation date on the box of the new router, that is the outer box?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Kal2001 This message was authored by: Kal2001

For this Essential to Superfast upgrade, is it FTTC or FTTP? Is there an activation date for the Broadband that is on the packaged box? Do you have an installation visit?

Arriane
Topic Author

I'm receiving the routers on Tuesday activation date Wednesday, I can't honestly remember all I know is is one up from essential, it's being activated remotely no engineer needs to call I've had the same existing router for almost 7 years and I'm getting periods of my Wi-Fi disconnecting from internet, I recently got a ring doorbell and it's been going offline every couple days, I've been advised that my existing router is probably needing renewal.

This message was authored by Kal2001 This message was authored by: Kal2001

@Arriane Okay perfect , so yes since the router is 7 years old that may be the cause of all the issues you have been experiencing and a replacement is exactly what you need. Overtime routers cause all sorts of issues and it's good that you're getting a new one. Another thing as well is the reason why your ring camera is not working properly is because of the speed. Since all this time you have had essential plus , it really isn't enough if you have a lot of devices connected. The speed is not enough for all devices and that could be another reason why you would be experiencing droppage and slow connection. You did a good job upgrading your broadband and getting a new hub. To conclude as well to your first question , yes it is a easy plug in and ready to go, if in case you have any trouble setting it up, here is this link to help you out https://www.sky.com/help/home/broadband/sky-broadband-equipment/sky-hub/setting-up-my-sky-hub/articl...

Arriane
Topic Author

@Kal2001 Thank you for your help will let you know how I get on 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion