Discussion topic: New max hub to replace old one. Problem finding new sky network on devices

This message was authored by RICKAL This message was authored by: RICKAL

New max hub to replace old one. Problem finding new sky network on devices

So anyone know how to install a replacement broadband hub with Sky please?. The new Network address is not showing on my list of available networks when I plug it in. My list shows the old network address even though I've asked it to 'forget' it. Anyone help with an idiots guide please!! 🙈

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: New max hub to replace old one. Problem finding new sky network on devices

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RICKAL Do You have Sky Q boxes? If you have then that is why you are seeing the old network details. Unfortunately the new hub is fully compatable with what is now old technology. You can no longer connect devices to the Q boxes wifi hotspots. If the new hub's wifi doesn't reach every room you will have to ask Sky for some pods shich are part of the Wifi Max deal

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
RICKAL
Topic Author

Hi no Sky Q box here.  Just wanted fast broadband.  We were guaranteed 100 mbs. That's not happened!! After many many frustrating phone calls they replaced the hub.  But now the new sky network address is not showing on the list of available networks 🙈

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RICKAL thst is very unusual if a reboot of the hub doesn't show the new SSID then call Sky.

The speed guarantee will be to the hub NOT to devices connected by WiFi hope you appreciate the difference. If you pay extra for WiFi Max Sky's highest WiFI guarantee is 25Mb/s.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
RICKAL
Topic Author

Thanks we called Sky after 2 hours they escalated it to the tech engineers........again! It's a nightmare.  They admit there is a problem but they can't seem to help!! So frustrating!!! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion