Discussion topic: New WiFi Max Installation

This message was authored by CraigCamacho This message was authored by: CraigCamacho

New WiFi Max Installation

I've just had WiFi Max installed and want to change the default SSID so that I don't have to go round and change it on all my devices.

I've tried going to the settings page via 192.168.0.1 but the options to change name and passwords of my WiFi are greyed out and can only be done via the MySky app. The options for my WiFi Max aren't in the app and even when I do the broadband checks "the connection to your hub" test it tells me the test is unavailable.

I can connect to the WiFi with the default WiFi details using my phone and the internet works fine but I don't want to have to change the WiFi on all my devices because some of the smart devices like doorbell and thermostats are a massive pain in the backside to do. Is there any way Sky can force this through so the the WiFi Max router shows in MySky app?

Best Answers
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

Re: New WiFi Max Installation

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CraigCamacho 

Its been raised before with Sky and I agree with you but it seems the way it works in Sky's systems there isnt currently a way to get it quicker.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@CraigCamacho  It can take up to 24 hours for the Max settings to show in the Sky app after the installation.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@CraigCamacho 

Typical time is 24-48hrs for the hub to appear in your My Sky app. The SSID cannot be changed before that by either you or Sky.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
CraigCamacho
Topic Author
This message was authored by CraigCamacho This message was authored by: CraigCamacho

Thanks for the info. It's not great we have to wait potentially 48hrs but I guess it is what it is.

It means I've now to mess about joining devices such as my Nest Thermostat and Ring doorbell to the default SSID to then change it back when I have the options of managing my WiFi. Realistically managing your own WiFi should be available straight from install.

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

@CraigCamacho 

Its been raised before with Sky and I agree with you but it seems the way it works in Sky's systems there isnt currently a way to get it quicker.

I am NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion