Discussion topic: New Sky Max router won’t connect to Sky Q box

This message was authored by Yvonne41 This message was authored by: Yvonne41

New Sky Max router won’t connect to Sky Q box

Got a new router as part of WiFi Max and it seems to work ok with devices but it won't keep its connection to SkyQ box. I get it connected but then it drops after a few minutes. The old Sky router worked fine in the same location. Have rebooted everything several times. 

Also noticing that WiFi not appearing on phones in some rooms where we had it before.  Testing just says that speed is slower than ideal but above the guarantee. However that's not the issue - it's the dropping out of the SkyQ box which means we can't use the mini box either. 

Can't get any joy trying to call Sky. Thinking of returning the new router as it's not an improvement....!

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: New Sky Max router won’t connect to Sky Q box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Yvonne41 wrote:

Also noticing that WiFi not appearing on phones in some rooms where we had it before.  

Moving to a Max Hub means that the Q television boxes are no longer acting as wireless hotspots.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Yvonne41
Topic Author
This message was authored by Yvonne41 This message was authored by: Yvonne41

Re: New Sky Max router won’t connect to Sky Q box

@TimmyBGood ok so does that mean I need boosters for those rooms? However if I can't solve the SkyQ box issue then it's a bit academic 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion