Discussion topic: Need a Sky engineer to come out

This message was authored by Susan1234567891 This message was authored by: Susan1234567891

Need a Sky engineer to come out

Hi, my 77 year old mother has a phone and broadband with Sky. Ths phone stops working or is crackling every time it rains. Also, her internet is diabolical, it drops out all the time, you can't stream anything and I'm having to try to help from 100 miles away. I can't see how to contact anyone about this and she is not tech savvy enough to explain it on the phone. Is there a way to get someone to come and take a look at it?

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Need a Sky engineer to come out

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Susan1234567891 unfortunately unless you have been authorised to speak on your mothers behalf Sky cannot talk to you there not being difficult it is the data protection regulstions.. If she dials 150 on her Sky Talk phone she will get through to Sky if she is patient and does not respond to the bot. Assuming she either knows her phone password or can answer the security questions thecagent should pick up she has a line fault and get that fixed.

It is worth getting yourself set up as authorised next time you visit her just be on hand when she calls. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion