Discussion topic: NOW Broadband FTTC (powered by Sky)

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

Re: NOW Broadband FTTC (powered by Sky)

@RedWall58 And on your link we are only seeing your one page screen capture, and do not know if you have followed any of the other instructions to ensure that it is setup as a dsl modem.

They would be in advanced setup etc.

You may have to factory reset the router, and only use the app as one post suggested.

RedWall58
Topic Author
This message was authored by RedWall58 This message was authored by: RedWall58

RedWall58
Topic Author

@JimM1 

IMG_5804.jpeg

IMG_5803.jpeg

IMG_5802.jpeg

IMG_5801.jpeg

IMG_5800.jpeg

  

IMG_5799.jpeg

IMG_5798.jpeg

@RedWall58 Your screens that show PPPoe, why are they there, are they not changeable to the other option dynamic IP?

@RedWall58 Factory reset the router, use the app to setup and just do the first option on the nowtv post, and use nowtv in the username and be careful not to put space character anywhere.

RedWall58
Topic Author

@JimM1 that's the issue, if I set up Sky_MER through the tether app. It doesn't let me put those details in anywhere... it's either preset to those details, or it could be a software/firmware issue. 

Each screen is a separate attempt (after factory reset) to rectify the issue. I've opened a ticket with TP-link. Hopefully I will have an answer in the next few days 🤞

@RedWall58 So in the first instance if you set up with the app it does not allow any more?

Then save those settings, next go back and adjust the setting on the web interface, then all you would have to do is edit the username no? Is this not the case.

Same now thread, other link page 1 of 3.

Modem routers that are set up to work with Sky and Now broadband - Home Network Community (tp-link.c...

RedWall58
Topic Author

@JimM1 wrote:

@RedWall58 So in the first instance if you set up with the app it does not allow any more?

(Unfortunately no)

Then save those settings, next go back and adjust the setting on the web interface, then all you would have to do is edit the username no?

(Unfortunately no, I get this screen)

IMG_5800.jpeg

Is this not the case.

Same now thread, other link page 1 of 3.

Modem routers that are set up to work with Sky and Now broadband - Home Network Community (tp-link.c...

@JimM1 - frustrating isnt it 🫣

in the system log, it's trying to speak to the isp servers but then says something like: 

Recv no OFFER,DHCP Service unavailable

@RedWall58 On your nowtv posting it is showing that the Internet Tab is selected, and then the settings are in the basic Tab, with the options to save? Or is this not what you are seeing if you connect via the web interface. The tether app, is a quick method for connecting if all is working ok, so lets say you were with sky, Unit on, plugged into BT master socket, app run, selecting sky mer, out it goes with all its default's and bang it works or it does not.

Web interface is different, you should be able to change any settings, so if selecting sky does not work then use the custom option once set save, use disconnect / connect.

If the web interface is not working and allowing you to change the user name @skydsl to @nowtv there is a lot more going on that is wrong than a FW update, and TP-Link would be swamped with requests.

Either that or i am just not seeing it. 

RedWall58
Topic Author

Yes that is exactly what's happening.

This is what I see in app:

IMG_5835.png

IMG_5836.png

IMG_5838.png

This through web interface:

IMG_5831.png

IMG_5832.png

IMG_5833.png

IMG_5834.png

 then on basic this: <next post>

RedWall58
Topic Author

@JimM1 

Basic: 

IMG_5839.png

But I should be seeing this: (taken from Now forum member)

IMG_5813.jpeg

so the problem has got to be the device itself then. Either I've been sent a fake unit/one designed for another country or it's just at fault. Can't see any other explanation really 🙄

I've open a ticket with tp link a couple of days ago. Will wait to see what they come up with and report back.

@RedWall58 Waiting on your post to clear, Software does change through time, revisions make slight changes etc, but will look at them when they clear. Get back asap.

@RedWall58 When you are trying to set up the TP-Link router what device are you using?

RedWall58
Topic Author

I've tried Apple phone, laptop and android tablet. Waiting for tp-link engineers to get back to me with a solution 

@RedWall58 Windows laptop, and connected by ethernet?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion