Discussion topic: NO ORDERS IN PROGRESS, can't get through on phone

This message was authored by luci5 This message was authored by: luci5

NO ORDERS IN PROGRESS, can't get through on phone

I placed order for broadband 07.11.22, activation date 21.11.22. Had to use existing Sky ID (left Sky in May 2019). Received emails on progress OK. However, when I log in it says “NO ORDERS IN PROGRESS”. Called 03442 414 141. Automated system wants to send me a link to online help, as if I haven’t already tried.

I have until 1400 tomorrow, Thu 17.11.22, to cancel switch from BT. I’m already concerned there may be issues I don’t currently have. If this is the service I can expect from Sky as a new customer, I’m seriously considering cancelling the switch. I have a medical condition which hampers my ability to communicate, so I would rather cancel than have to keep chasing Sky.

I would appreciate any thoughts or advice. Thank you.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: NO ORDERS IN PROGRESS, can't get through on phone

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@luci5 wrote:

Had to use existing Sky ID (left Sky in May 2019).

My guess is it is something to do with this as you could have setup a new one when going through the order proccess so best advise it to give Sky a call so they can check what account this has been ordered on, either that one or perhaps a new one needs setting up to access the details of it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
luci5
Topic Author

Thank you for your reply. 

@caesarome wrote:

@luci5 wrote:

Had to use existing Sky ID (left Sky in May 2019).

My guess is it is something to do with this as you could have setup a new one when going through the order proccess so best advise it to give Sky a call so they can check what account this has been ordered on, either that one or perhaps a new one needs setting up to access the details of it.

I tried to set up a new Sky ID, but it said there was an existing Sky ID associated with my email address, so I couldn't proceed without using it. I've tried calling Sky again using a different number and the wait time was 30 mins.

I have looked at cancelling under the Cooling Off Period. The best option seems to be the online cancellation form to save trying to call again. I can't even see the opening hours for contacting Sky.

The price difference between Sky and BT is huge, so I'm between a rock and a hard place,

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@luci5 Sky's lines open at 7am but are fully staffed from 8am to 9pm however some service is available to 10pm but cancellations go to a team who are inlikely to be around at the start or finish of the day you need to talk to them as they often can match genuine competitive quotes.

The wait time is rarely as long as published thank heavens but do not accept yhe option to be texted etc stay on the line until a human answers.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
luci5
Topic Author

Thanks.

I somehow managed to close the old account number from a link on the site last night, but the new one still isn't showing and no sign of my order.

There are so many different numbers for contacting Sky I have no idea which one is for what purpose. I would normally stay on hold, but it is a chargeable number and I am usually on PAYG.

I wasn't intending cancelling the order when I started trying to contact Sky, but if getting to talk to someone is this difficult as a "new customer", it could be a lucky escape. It's not to do with the cost, but everything to do with being able to contact them.

This message was authored by luci5+again This message was authored by: luci5+again

@caesarome @Chrisee 

Thanks for the replies. I've had to re-register on here as it wouldn't let me sign in as luci5 as that name was already taken! Probably due to closing the old account number.

After speaking to someone yesterday who cancelled the order, I immediately got an email saying there was an issue cancelling it, that they had been trying to contact me, and to call them! At the exact time the call ended.  Arrrgh!

I have just called on the 6th different number I have been asked to call and the order is now on "Pre-active pending cancel". 

I am a serial switcher for broadband, energy, etc and have never had this hassle before.

I still feel as if I'm cutting off my nose to spite my face, willing to pay a lot more to save the grief of trying to speak to someone at Sky. I had actually checked Ofcom's ratings before deciding on Sky!

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@luci5+again all of the normal 03 numbers Sky use lead to the same backend system. They use the numbers to track what part of the website customers have been looking at its to gather stats.

Not sure why you are having issues but the problem can be waiting for Openreach to confirm that they accept the cancellation. Openreach systems are far from state of the art. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by luci5+again This message was authored by: luci5+again

@Chrisee 

Thank you for your reply, it is appreciated.

Thanks for the explanation of calling Sky numbers. I originally joined Sky TV in 1999 then ADSL BB from 2012 to 2019 and can’t remember having these issues contacting them.

I am now out of contract with BT and I’m not willing to recontract for 24 months with a 15% increase within 4 months. I’m ideally looking for an 18 month contract, so that I will have the following contract for 8-9 months before a forced increase.

Believe it or not, my thoughts at the moment are to try another switch to Sky in about a week’s time. A problem may be that I need to return the Sky Hub I have just received first.

I would really appreciate any thoughts or advice.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion