Discussion topic: My new router isn't seeing Ethernet connection

This message was authored by Gaynor+Mason This message was authored by: Gaynor+Mason

My new router isn't seeing Ethernet connection

Am new to Sky and am still trying to get my router to see an ethernet connection, am getting very frustrated ... can anyone help please .... 

All Replies

This message was authored by Suzie10 This message was authored by: Suzie10

Re: My new router isn't seeing Ethernet connection

Are you connecting it to a PC/Laptop? If so, you may need to install the Ethernet adapter driver on your PC/laptop. If the Ethernet adapter driver is not installed or working on your PC/laptop, you will not be able to get an Ethernet connection.

If not using a PC/laptop, what device are you using?

What router are you using? Not that it matters too much as it should be plug and play. Just curious.

Gaynor+Mason
Topic Author
This message was authored by Gaynor+Mason This message was authored by: Gaynor+Mason

Hi no I am trying to connect my home camera's .. they worked perfected before Sky

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there Gaynor+Mason, I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.  

Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – Thanks for chatting to us. Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion