Discussion topic: My Hub Hasn't Arrived Yet, And Engineer Is Here In Two Days

This message was authored by MajesticSalmon This message was authored by: MajesticSalmon

My Hub Hasn't Arrived Yet, And Engineer Is Here In Two Days

So, I'm writing this at 4am, so bare with me, I'll keep it short.

I'm expecting an engineer Wednesday to setup the interwebs, or something along them lines, only thing is the Hub is still awaiting to be dispatched. Was just wondering if this is normal, or what will happen Wednesday if the H7b isn't here?

- Salmon

All Replies

MajesticSalmon
Topic Author
This message was authored by MajesticSalmon This message was authored by: MajesticSalmon

Re: My Hub Hasn't Arrived Yet, And Engineer Is Here In Two Days

Gah, done a typo. H7b is supposed to be Hub

This message was authored by IrenaJ This message was authored by: IrenaJ

My hub 4.2 is still awaiting to be dispatched. New internet should be on Wednesday. The second question is my payment. New internet should be 10th april, but payment started from 6th April. Question is why like that? I need pay 4 days for what?
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MajesticSalmon 

Your hub might still arrive prior to Wednesday and even if it doesn't the activation should still be able to take place.

@IrenaJ 

You should only be billed from once your service has been activated so are you saying you are already been billed ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

We are all customers here,  ring sky

In oder was wirten 3-5 days before activate date. If nobody at home on Wednesday, how hub will be delivered?

And yes, in my bills I see that may bills will be counted from 06/04/2024 till 06/05/2024 (each month until day 6, when Im getting internet on 10th...)

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@IrenaJ Sky send tge hubs by post so the postman will do what they always do if they cannot deliver an item which is leave a card telling you where to collect it from.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
MajesticSalmon
Topic Author

I called Sky Customer Support,  stuttered more than Stuttering Stanley from 6ixth Sense, but got my words out eventually.  They said it's not unheard of, and the engineer can still do their thang even without the hub, and to jus install it when it arrives, following what it says on the lil leaflet. 

Will update as my adventure continues.

- Salmon

MajesticSalmon
Topic Author

Come think of it, Stanley doesn't stutter much, so I'd probably be on par with the guy from Pearl Harbour,.

- Salmon

This message was authored by JJH1987 This message was authored by: JJH1987

Hello, my internet is due to switch from BT to Sky tomorrow. April 10th. It says the Sky internet hub is still awaiting dispatch. 
I rang sky yesterday and they said their system said it was in 48hr delivery time with Royal Mail. I am a brand new customer to Sky and thought this would be an easy process. How do I escalate this if the WiFi hub doesn't turn up before BT turn off their services to me? 

but without a hub we won't get fiber speed. So my question again is why is my payment fixed from April 6th if I am not sure that I will receive my order even on April 10th?

Exactly the same situation i have too. And i need to pay for nothing!...

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion