Discussion topic: Moving home - illogical responses

This message was authored by GerryEC This message was authored by: GerryEC

Moving home - illogical responses

Hi, I recently informed Sky via MySky app that I'd be moving home on 14th June.

firstly they then sent a conversion kit to my soon to becnew address - I don't even live there yet!!!

secondly I received emails that I had 'made changes' and my monthly bill would increase by £25!

I contacted the call centre (after the usual difficulties in getting to speak with a human ). I was informed the bill would correct itself to my current broadband/tv package when u move house.

I have a suspicion I was being fobbed off but wonder if anyone has experienced this?

I also complained about the conversion kit being posted to my new address instead of my current address but got no explanation or apology.

it seems every time I make changes of any sort to my Sky account I am faved with unnecessary problems 

comments would be welcome 

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Moving home - illogical responses

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@GerryEC wrote:

firstly they then sent a conversion kit to my soon to becnew address - I don't even live there yet!!!

Equipment is sent to the new address: you're right, it's not particularly logical.

secondly I received emails that I had 'made changes' and my monthly bill would increase by £25!

The 'conversion kit' would suggest that provisioning is going to be over FTTP rather that the copper at your current address, so a change is involved.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
GerryEC
Topic Author

Just to add - I also received a letter today stating 'we've been informed by one of our customers that they're moving into your current address and would like to take over your broadband and talk service'

this is a complete lie! My daughter is staying at the current address and has made no such request. 
Perhaps if anyone from Sky sees this message they might care to comment why letters are being sent out with false statements. Not very trustworthy business practice 

GerryEC
Topic Author

Thanks Timmy. I've no problem with the technical changes but at no stage in the process was it made clear it would involve additional charges 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion