Discussion topic: Location Issues

This message was authored by AndrewAphotic This message was authored by: AndrewAphotic

Re: Location Issues

Hey there, has there been any update to this issue? 

ryane
Topic Author
This message was authored by ryane This message was authored by: ryane

See my post from 30th June.

All up and running, still is. 

I spoke to sky and they have no record of them actually doing anything to resolve. So either someone "back end" sorted it and didn't update my account to say so, or it was my continued "switch it of and in again" that eventually worked.

This message was authored by SuperBatman This message was authored by: SuperBatman

Now I have a French IP 😞 😞 :Anger

This message was authored by Solidbonduk This message was authored by: Solidbonduk

I'm now apparently in Italy, near Rome, but when I did an IP check it showed the ASN as 5706 which should be Sky UK, however British Airways website now comes up in Italian, and I had Amazon telling me I'd signed in from Rome.

I had the same thing a few months ago, but it sorted itself out after a while, possibly when I had the electric meter changed so the power was off for a while

I'm going to switch the router off for an hour or so later to see if I can get a new IP but it's about time Sky sorted this out.

This message was authored by dkenyonfc2 This message was authored by: dkenyonfc2

Same here. I get emails from Amazon warning me of attempted logins from Italy and have issues with certain apps. 

This site says my IP location is in Italy too.

Screenshot_2022-08-09-10-44-08-750_com.android.chrome.jpg

This message was authored by Solidbonduk This message was authored by: Solidbonduk

So after leaving the router off for almost 2 hours, IP address has changed and I'm now back in the UK, and ASN is still 5607. Go figure!

And unbelievably, although I've still got the same IP and the router hasn't reset since I rebooted it, I've now returned to Italy. What the hell is going on? This is a complete pain when trying to book flights etc.

This message was authored by TheDogfather This message was authored by: TheDogfather

I'm having the same issue, keeps saying my location is Italy which is stopping me accessing a few things. I'll try powering the router off for an hour or so and see if it helps.

ryane
Topic Author

Yay! I'm back in Italy again 😔

Anyone know of a way that bring this to Sky's attention? Don't think I can handle the multiple 30+min phone calls to their service area again....

You'd think they must have a tech team that can restrict it to UK only ASN surely!!?!

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ryane 

Usually switching your hub off for 20mins solves the issue

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
ryane
Topic Author

@jamesn123 yes I know but I shouldn't have to keep doing it every couple of months.

Thankfully this time I only had to do it twice to get back to the UK, but back in July I turned it off and on again every day for a month, sometimes leaving it off over night and it still wouldn't swap back.

Surely there is something sky can do at Thier end to prevent this from happening....

This message was authored by royjone This message was authored by: royjone

what on earth is going on? I too am having this issue suddenly and it is causing issues, particularly when trying to log into Gmail it keeps saying "unfortunately we are unable to log you into your account" and problems accessing my bank. it's bad enough we can't get fibre, ok maybe that's not skys fault but this is not cool. The only workaround is to use the phone as a mobile hotspot. Constantly switching the router on and off is a faff we should not be doing. Does anybody from sky read these forums ?

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@royjone 

Have you tried switching your router off for 30mins & ensuring Sky Shield is disabled?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by Stokio This message was authored by: Stokio

I had this same experience starting this week and just called Sky to discuss/report it - spoke to very helpful chap in customer services and also pointed him in the direction of this thread.....he was genuinely interested in the issue and how to fix it so has told me he's going to personally take ownership of looking into it and resolving it.

Has suggested turning off the router for 30 mins and also doing a factory reset which i will be doing over the weekend to helpefully fix it.

But he's also escalated to various teams internally and keen to ensure that any netowrk issues on the sky side are resolved.

He's also calling me back Monday so will report back after that.

ryane
Topic Author

@Stokio good luck!

All sounds very positive but I'm afraid that was the same attitude I was treated to, 'taking personal interest and escalating, promised call backs' etc and sadly none of it happened.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion