Discussion topic: Literally unplayable gameplay due to latency and jitter spikes!!!

This message was authored by Treblered99 This message was authored by: Treblered99

Literally unplayable gameplay due to latency and jitter spikes!!!

I've had this sky broadband superfast since last January,,,, my speed is 70mb download and 18mb upload,, and from the start on my xbox one s,,,, literally unplayable gameplay and its not the ea severs,,,, as I've had 28mb on EE broadband and never ever had this much as a problem with online gaming!! Basically mov3d back into my bedroom and it's exactly the same I use cat 8 ethernet cable directly from the xbox to the router,,,, so its mot because I'm using WiFi,,,, I've even opned the ports to my xbox properly and still the same can someone suggest or help me out as I'm on the verge of cancelling my contract! I've payed over £200 on the new xbox and eafc 24 game to literally have a game and turn it off!,,, I cam post router stats 

All Replies

Treblered99
Topic Author
This message was authored by Treblered99 This message was authored by: Treblered99

Re: Literally unplayable gameplay due to latency and jitter spikes!!!

Basically I live in a bedsit so my router is in my bedroom down stairs I've got the adsl box in my room 

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@Treblered99 

Yes please, can you post the router stats?

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
Treblered99
Topic Author

Screenshot_20231015_184527_Chrome.jpg

@Treblered99 

Just waiting for that screenshot of the router stats to be approved by the power to be.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
Treblered99
Topic Author

Ok thankyou 

Treblered99
Topic Author

This my bqm graph,,, since I've opened the ports,,,, before that was showing as green as low as possible with 20-30ms yellow latency,,, but the game play was just as erratic,,, hence the opening of the ports to my xbox 

Screenshot_20231015_190308_Chrome.jpg

@Treblered99 

The router stats show that the connection has been up for 8 hours and you are connected at the maximum speed, eg: 80Mbps downstream and 20Mbps upstream, for the service. The router stats don't show a clear fault, and there is nothing connected by ethernet so assume one is using wireless mainly which can be troublesome occasionally for gaming.

I'll give my thoughts on the latency chart once it has been approved.

-------

@Treblered99 

The BQM is for the IPv6 client address one really needs to do the BQM for the public IPv4 address, as this allows one to see whether it is a broadband fault or an internal LAN/WAN network issue. Suggest, you set up a public IPv4 BQM monitor which measures latency to the router.

-------

Treblered99
Topic Author

Ok I'll try that now,,, have you had a reply regarding the router statistics 

@Treblered99 

I've posted about the router stats already, three posts up. 😀

-------

Treblered99
Topic Author

I'm a idiot,, the xbox is off hence not showing the ethernet cable being connected am I correct?? Shall I redo router stats when the xbox is on 

@Treblered99 

Don't worry about that the Xbox was off the latency chart for the IPv4 public address is more important for diagnosing an issue with the broadband line itself. So, suggest you set that up now and post in 24 hours with those details.

-------

Treblered99
Topic Author

Ok thank you and leave the ports I've opened up on the router until then yes,, thanks 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Treblered99 you mention eafc strangely we get a sudden peak on complaints about latency when  EA launch their annual upgrade oddly often only affecting that game. Do you get similar problems with other games nit from EA?

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion