Discussion topic: Laptop not connecting to Sky Q box

This message was authored by Miko65 This message was authored by: Miko65

Laptop not connecting to Sky Q box

Hi this is my first time on here.

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3525 which I bought last year, 2023. I have not used the laptop a lot but recently it will not connect to my Sky Q router.

The laptop will connect to other routers but fails to connect to my Sky Q router.

Best Answers
This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn Answer

Re: Laptop not connecting to Sky Q box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Miko65   This is the Sky Q TV community.  How are you trying to connect? If WiFi is it prompting for the password which you are entering correctly. Does the laptop have a fixed IP address which is outside the routers DHCP range, are the network card drivers up to date etc. etc. This is really a question for Dell.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Miko65   This is the Sky Q TV community.  How are you trying to connect? If WiFi is it prompting for the password which you are entering correctly. Does the laptop have a fixed IP address which is outside the routers DHCP range, are the network card drivers up to date etc. etc. This is really a question for Dell.

Miko65
Topic Author
This message was authored by Miko65 This message was authored by: Miko65

Hi MightyQuinn, thanks for your reply.

I have a Sky TV and broadband with a SkyQ Hub. The problem is that my laptop will not connect wirelessly to the SkyQ hub (which it used to before). I bought my laptop December 2023 and only started using it from February 2024. Initially the laptop was connecting ok but then i put it away for sometime.

I only recently started using my laptop again and since then it fails to connect to the SkyQ hub. It connects perfectly to other routers and even my temporary mobile hotpot i created but it just failes to connect to the SkyQ.

I thaught maybe because the Windows needed updating first so I created a mobile hotspot connection on my phone so i can download and install the updates. However even after all updates it still would not connect.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion