Discussion topic: Issues with one website

This message was authored by Markstev27 This message was authored by: Markstev27

Issues with one website

Hello. I am having issues with the online indoor cycling site, Rouvy since last week. It will not allow me to access any of the rides. It allows me into the site but when I try a ride, it says please try later. I've reported it to Rouvy but they have said its our Internet. I've turned the router off for an hour and tried again but still doesn't work. I tried it on my phone data plan and it worked straight away but that will wipe out my data. Any advice please? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Montof This message was authored by: Montof

Re: Issues with one website

I'm also exp8rhe same issue. It works fine thrpugh my mobile network but not with sky

Markstev27
Topic Author
This message was authored by Markstev27 This message was authored by: Markstev27

Is there anyone from Sky on here to help please? 

To update, this is what I've tried without success:

I've tried disabling sky shield

Using alternative DNS servers

Powering the router off for 30 minutes 

Plugging directly to the router via ethernet 

Using multiple devices 

The problem also appears to affect video playback of any of the courses on rouvy.com which can be used as a quicker method of testing. Access to the website itself appears to be unaffected.

Markstev27
Topic Author

Hi @Montof I've spoken to Sky and it's our router so we are being sent a replacement one to try

May be worth requesting one too

Markstev27
Topic Author

We now have our new router and still does not allow access unless I install a VPN

This has a monthly subscription so any advice please? 

Hi Markstev, i did suspect that the router would not solve the issue as I tried using using a VPN through my Sky connection and this got Rouvy working. This pretty much confirms this is an ISP issue, and as mentioned earlier, I suspect it specifically relates to sky blocking wherever Rouvy host their video content, as the site works ok otherwise.

BTW, I've raised a ticket with Rouvy, but I strongly suspect they won't be able to do anything. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything though.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion