Discussion topic: Internet won’t connect

This message was authored by Danny+Cartledge This message was authored by: Danny+Cartledge

Internet won’t connect

Hello I'm just wondering if you can help me I'm staying at my grans whilst she's in hospital looking after the dog im  her grandson and there is no internet Iv checked the status in my area and it says everything is ok Iv tried all steps it's says to take for the past 2 hours and it's still not working there are only 2 green lights on the internet one isn't green Is there any way you can help? 

image.jpg

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Internet won’t connect

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Danny+Cartledge  1st question is does your gran have Sky broadband?   

Have you taken your hub from your normal address to their address?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Danny+Cartledge
Topic Author
This message was authored by Danny+Cartledge This message was authored by: Danny+Cartledge

Yes she does it's her box and so on it's first time she's had a problem with it it's been fine for years 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Danny+CartledgeDo you have access to your Gran's account to run a broadband test?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Danny+Cartledge
Topic Author

This is on my grans iPad once it finishes this is what it says Iv done these steps 

image.jpg

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Danny+CartledgeCan you run this test via mobile data please.

Can you please run the broadband test, this can be done either via the Sky app on mobile data or use the link below.
https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-broadband-diagnostic/sky-broadband-diagnostic

If it finds an external fault it should enable you to book an engineer.

Danny+Cartledge
Topic Author

Iv tried that at it fails 

A718699E-FB6B-480C-B1B1-9B8DBA776F20.png

@Danny+CartledgeDoes your Gran have a password on her account that if you call in you can talk to Sky for her to get this sort out?

Danny+Cartledge
Topic Author

I'm just going to leave it for tonight now and speak with my gran tomorrow thanks for your help 

@Danny+CartledgeIf you still require help tomorrow and have not been able to call in. Come back here and let us know.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion