Discussion topic: Internet light on hub stuck on solid amber - no way of contacting anyone at Sky!?

This message was authored by JaneRAJ This message was authored by: JaneRAJ

Internet light on hub stuck on solid amber - no way of contacting anyone at Sky!?

Hello,

Our internet went down today, only the internet light on the hub is stuck on solid amber. I've tried all the DIY, turn it off and on, unplug and plug, leave it off for 15-60 minutes. Everything. The same thing happens every time, I follow the instructions, go to test my connection then when the website has finished its testing, it says "your internet is working", yet the solid amber light remains. 

I get an option to call Sky, do that, only to be led to the exact same page asking me to do the exact same thing. What is going on! How is this supposed to help solve the internet issue and why is there no way to speak to someone or organise someone to come when you are looking at issues with broadband online. 

Help!

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Internet light on hub stuck on solid amber - no way of contacting anyone at Sky!?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JaneRAJ 

If you "run tests" on your my sky app using mobile data it should let you book an engineer online if the test shows an external fault

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
JaneRAJ
Topic Author
This message was authored by JaneRAJ This message was authored by: JaneRAJ

Re: Internet light on hub stuck on solid amber - no way of contacting anyone at Sky!?

Thanks for your reply @cookiemonsteruk 

I have done it using my mobile data and the process doesn't offer any way to contact an engineer either. The tests don't pick up on any problem, once I do the DIY instructions.

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JaneRAJ 

Call sky on 150 from your landline or
zero three three three seven five nine one zero one eight from any other phone

Or if in Ireland

Call sky ireland on

Remove all the full stops

Usually it asks you if its about mobile say no

Then it asks do you want to receive an sms say no again. They will send the sms anyway and ask do you want to hang up and follow the link say no

It asks you to describe the issue say broadband fault that should put you on the tech support queue

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion