Discussion topic: Internet keeps dropping

This message was authored by CorinneMac1 This message was authored by: CorinneMac1

Internet keeps dropping

Our internet keeps going off and then back on after a few minutes. Please help! 

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Internet keeps dropping

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CorinneMac1 Can you please run the broadband test, this can be done either via the Sky app on mobile data or use the link below.
https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-broadband-diagnostic/sky-broadband-diagnostic

If it finds an external fault it should enable you to book an engineer.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
CorinneMac1
Topic Author
This message was authored by CorinneMac1 This message was authored by: CorinneMac1

Thank you for replying! 
I should have said that I've already run the diagnostic tests and it's all saying it is working fine when it's not - very frustrating! 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@CorinneMac1  Are you taking the test to just showing your address or are you clicking through to broadband below this to show speed and if things are okay?

CorinneMac1
Topic Author

Clicking through the whole process - all says ok. It's very strange! 

This message was authored by Markphillipson71 This message was authored by: Markphillipson71

I’m having exactly the same problem

This message was authored by Terry621 This message was authored by: Terry621

Me too, been happening for 3 weeks and ive had enough.......Sky.....you dont seem to ever have a problem taking my subsciptions from my bank account.......can you apply the same professionalism to providing me with a decent wifi signal?

CorinneMac1
Topic Author

Sorry to hear this is happening to you both too but glad I'm not the only one! I really don't understand why it's happening. Started about a week or so for me. 

This message was authored by AdyBl This message was authored by: AdyBl

I'm also having problems with my internet connection. Using my phone as a hotspot, the Sky service checker says there is a problem with my broadband but when it runs tests, it says everything is ok - which it isn't!

AdyBl_0-1721677772459.png

AdyBl_1-1721677876114.png

This message was authored by My+travel+console This message was authored by: My+travel+console

Since 18th of June internet is dropping off. WiFi hub is showing 2 Amber lights then come back after midnight.. speed is very slow. Not able to watch on my second sky Q box mini.

@AdyBl  What happens when you click on the > by broadband does it test it further. I am not talking about your Wi-Fi which can be seen okay below.

When I click on the > it says that my broadband looks good - but when I restart the service checker, it says there is a problem with my broadband!!!

& I'm still only able to post by using my phone as a hot spot

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion