Discussion topic: Internet issues in BR6 area?

This message was authored by SandeepK This message was authored by: SandeepK

Internet issues in BR6 area?

Is there Sky broadband outage in Orpington area. Lost Internet connection about 30 mins back 

All Replies

This message was authored by Sheppy+1 This message was authored by: Sheppy+1

Re: Internet issues in BR6 area?

Same here, also in BR6 area. 

This message was authored by Smita1 This message was authored by: Smita1

Same too, would be great if Sky could let us know the reason for the outage and how long it may take. Currently on Sky's website it says 2 days!

This message was authored by Beth339 This message was authored by: Beth339

Yes same here - down in Chelsfield. Not loving this 2 days to fix it rumour!

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

2 days is the normal period mentioned which is the target time Openreach have for fixing issues. This is 2 working days. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by char1990 This message was authored by: char1990

Yes I'm br6 too. Just spoke to sky it's a open reach issue and they said should be fixed within 48 hours 

This message was authored by TonySkyPetts This message was authored by: TonySkyPetts

BR5 area broadband down yet again

Sky Broadband in BR5 down yet again, 2nd time in a few weeks! Sky used to be really reliable but these days always issues either with Sky itself or BT Openreach. Saying could be up to 2 days to resolve how are we supposed to work from home (seems more the norm these days) without a reliable broadband supplier(s) @SKYHELP

This message was authored by Nerysuk This message was authored by: Nerysuk

I am hoping 2 days is a default estimate!

I have enjoyed Sky's service to date but can't stay with a provider who isn't set up to provide quicker fixes or substitute solutions

This message was authored by Jamesyfunk8801 This message was authored by: Jamesyfunk8801

Re: BR5 area broadband down yet again

Glad I've seen your message as thought it was just our broadband 

This message was authored by Geoff15 This message was authored by: Geoff15

BR6 too.... so no tv? 

This message was authored by TonySkyPetts This message was authored by: TonySkyPetts

Re: BR5 area broadband down yet again

There seems to be an outage (again) on the network, not sure if it's a Sky problem or a BT Outreach problem... they never tell you, last time I was nearly two day with a internet connection 

BR5 area as well (Petts Wood), same issue happened about 3/4 weeks ago, Openreach engineer finally got the connection back but took nearly 2 days (which seems their limit before we the customers can claim compensation)

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@TonySkyPetts wrote:

BR5 area as well (Petts Wood), same issue happened about 3/4 weeks ago, Openreach engineer finally got the connection back but took nearly 2 days (which seems their limit before we the customers can claim compensation)

Only if you've reported your outage to Sky. The below link explains auto compensation for when there is a TOTAL loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full WORKING days from when you first report the fault to Sky, you will become eligible for it. It’s applied 30 days after the fault has been repaired and will come in the form of a credit appearing on your account.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Not really looking for compensation, just want a reliable supplier, and there's more options out there when the time comes and it's not fixed soon (been with Sky for a good few years) Paying alot for our broadband connection as it is, so needs to work and/or get resolved quickly.(never told what the causes are either)

This message was authored by OT This message was authored by: OT

Locksbottom too...no Internet connection! 🥺

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion