Discussion topic: Internet down

This message was authored by Rois10 This message was authored by: Rois10

Re: Internet down

I have never seen this power outage message before this a first for me and i have been with sky for over 20 years.

Robaj20
Topic Author
This message was authored by Robaj20 This message was authored by: Robaj20

M27 mines working again now.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

All

Just be aware that if you don't report your outages to Sky you may not get auto compensation if the outage drags on. After all, without knowing the cause of the outage(s), nobody will know how long it'll take to fix especially if it involves digging roads up etc.

See this link re auto compensation for when there is a total loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk. https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full working days from when you first report the fault to Sky, you will become eligible for it once the fault has been fixed. It will come in the form of a credit appearing on your account.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

How did you get your one to work? Did it just come back by itself?

Robaj20
Topic Author

Just came back, im at work but my what heating notified me it's back online.

I have tried to ring sky it says 1 hour wait to get a hold of someone.

Robaj20
Topic Author

How do you report it though, they seem completely unreachable. Back to BT once my contact is up, at least you can web chat with them and get a reply within a few minutes.

This message was authored by urz2006 This message was authored by: urz2006

M29 here, still down, same issues. Broadband check says outage in area, service status says all fine!

This message was authored by Laura+kate This message was authored by: Laura+kate

Mines not working still warrington area, just spoke to sky, open reach are out fixing the problem and will be up and running in a few hours at most

hope this helps anyone in warrington Cheshire area 

I got through and all it tells me is that they will need to send an engineer out and the next available date is the 15th November? 
what a joke sky is honestly 

This message was authored by Gaynor+Mason This message was authored by: Gaynor+Mason

I agree I have been with Plusnet for a long time but their internet is down all the time, so swapped to Sky, good reports, I have been trying to get my home camera's on now since they fitted it and I find it very hard to speak to anyone

What number did you call to contact sky?

This message was authored by Laura+kate This message was authored by: Laura+kate

48AB68B6-E7FD-4008-BD7C-C95C7896321B.jpeg

they told me it's down in the whole area Cheshire and open reach have sent an emergency team out, will be fixed in the next few hours maybe sooner, they are onto it, call them so they can go

through any troubleshooting first but I think it's a problem

in the areas not your router 

Yes i have done all the troubleshooting since this morning. I have to miss my morning classes all because of this. 

It's the area that's down then

will be fixed in a few hours I believe but ring and double check your area has the problem I'm in warrington 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion