Discussion topic: Internet constantly dropping out

This message was authored by internetiss This message was authored by: internetiss

Internet constantly dropping out

Hi,

I have been having some connection issues lately, been lasting for approx 2 weeks. Every 15 minutes, my connection drops on ALL devices connected and then takes a few minutes to come back up. I have done the usual reset, power on/off etc and used sky diagnostic but its still happening and is now starting to interfere with work and potentialy losing income. I have posted stats below, not really sure what else to do;

internetiss_0-1654858057659.png

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Internet constantly dropping out

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@internetiss 

Can you run tests from your my sky app and post the info in more about your connection

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
internetiss
Topic Author
This message was authored by internetiss This message was authored by: internetiss

Hi! 

What tests do I need to run? I have also looked at support logs on router and I noticed this around time of each disconnection;

11:39:22 syslog: bind 0.0.0.0 - Address already in use
11::39:22 syslog: bind 0.0.0.0 - Address already in use

11:39:28 syslog: WAN IPV6 UP

11:39:31 syslog: Voice Disconnected
>

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@internetiss 

On your my sky app select broadband, then click "run tests" after the tests have completed click "more about your connection" and post the info regarding minimum guaranteed download speed

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

internetiss
Topic Author

Hi,

I've run the tests and it says all ok and following speeds;

Access Line Speed: 24Mb/s

Guaranteed Min Download Speed: 29 Mb/s

Side note, does this mean I can ask sky to fix this as the access line is less than the guarantee?

@internetiss wrote:

Hi,

I've run the tests and it says all ok and following speeds;

Access Line Speed: 24Mb/s

Guaranteed Min Download Speed: 29 Mb/s

Side note, does this mean I can ask sky to fix this as the access line is less than the guarantee?

@internetiss 

Absolutely, it would explain any line drops as well

Call sky on 150 from your landline or
zero three three three seven five nine one zero one eight from any other phone and request a line test with a view to an engineer visit

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion