Discussion topic: Internet connection down

This message was authored by Wtfskybad This message was authored by: Wtfskybad

Internet connection down

So I have 2 orange lights and no internet since 10pm last night. Did all the usual checks and tests been told I need an engineer visit so, I've booked one for the earliest time in 10 days.....10 days!! This is how important I'm valued by sky, that it takes a multi billion pound company who receive £160+ per month just from my household, 10 days to get an engineer out wow!  I've been told I can get £8 per day compensation for loss of full service isn't that generous. I can't watch Netflix, Amazon Prime, go online on the PS5 or use my IPad. I can't use my multi-room box upstairs, my wife works from home 2 days per week too, so there's a massive problem for us to workout. I told sky this when I signed up too regarding working from home and requiring a strong, stable and secure connection, all of which was promised. So basically I'm without internet and anything that requires Wi-Fi ( which is pretty much everything nowadays) for the next 10 days. I understand things go down, things break too. But 10 days to fix a serious fault, which is a massive inconvenience, isn't acceptable from a company like sky, who make so much money from us and this is how you treat people, you should be ashamed sky! Anyway be aware of this if you're thinking of signing up for sky broadband. By the way I was with BT before this for 5 years, problem free, sky use BT lines and the exchange is literally outside my front door I couldn't be closer to it, so it's obviously a fault with their systems. 
Disgrunted customer who'll be leaving asap. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Internet connection down

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Wtfskybad the delsy is almost certainly due to the availability of Openreach engineers who are the company who own and maintain the network Sky and other ISPs use. Switching ISPs won't make any difference unless you go to one who owns their own network like Virgin Media. 

The fact you work from home makes no difference as you have bought a domestic service, Openreach have quicker response on business lines but where there is an engineer shortage I suspectin this case  it would make little difference.

If you have Sky Q and Sky Q mini boxes they should still work if your hub is powered as they dont need an internet connection to watch satellite broadcasts or recordings on the main box but clearly downloads wont work. The compensation is based on an Ofcom scheme and is the same for any ISPs within the scheme which is all of the larger companies.

I know that isn't what you want to here but Openreach are short of certain types of engineers especially those who sort fibre issues and unfortunately it is what it is.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion