Discussion topic: Installation of broadband

This message was authored by Georgina2507 This message was authored by: Georgina2507

Installation of broadband

I am due to have a sky engineer install my broadband however I am having to go into work and the next available date is over a month away! Do I have to be present or can someone else be there for me?

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Installation of broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Georgina2507 

If you've been advised that installer attendance is required at the address then there needs to be an adult present who can give consent for any work which is required: for FTTP in particular that could well include drilling and potentially digging or ladder work.

You also need to consider (particularly for FTTP) where cable runs can go, where the ONT is to be located, and how the position of the Sky Broadband Hub relates to any phone handset use, and advise whoever is going to represent you accordingly.

For FTTC these issues usually don't apply, and in most cases no installer attendance is actually required.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion