Discussion topic: Installation date too long

This message was authored by Daz7979 This message was authored by: Daz7979

Installation date too long

Hi we are moving home and rang to get sky services changed to new property they told me it is going to take till 11 th January 😔so will be 6 weeks all thru Xmas with no internet to entertain a five year old and ourselves surely this is too long to have to wait I've been with sky over 7 years feeling really let down by this 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Installation date too long

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Daz7979 

I'm sure you will have been allocated the first available date in your area. Industrial action by Openreach over the last few months has created a backlog. It'll also depend on what work needs to be carried out at / near your new address. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Installation date too long

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Daz7979 

Unfortunately you would have been given the earliest date that Openreach can facilitate the work to move your connection. Usually your supposed to give Sky 1 months notice when moving home and during the holiday season that is obviously going to be higher because of staff being off and current industrial strikes.  

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion